FROM THE HEART

Growing up in the Zimbabwe of early 90's, before divorces were fashionable it was still fairly common to have two parents at home.
In school, I was the only one in our class that didn't have a father at home, because of a divorce.
I know depression and hatred all too well. Like many, I have had my heart broken. Dumped. Depleted. Rejected.
Various forms of physical anguish, different kinds of sad-various shades.
Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you could eliminate the pain, auction off your past?
I sure have, though I am grateful for my youth--it helped shape me. I wouldn't be who I am today. I've been asked, "What kept you going?"
My mother, some would say, isn't well spoken or well educated, but she was always nurturing, there.
She is a quiet leader. Accountable. She isn't superficial or shallow. She wasn't out using men.
In fact she never remarried after separating from dad – yet she was in her early 30s.
My teachers in High School helped build up my self-esteem. The self esteem that people and situations in my early childhood had taken
I am blessed for those teachers. I will always be indebted to them. Friends too along the way who looked beyond my dysfunctional family set up.
Whenever you really think your life is hard, and you're feeling sorry for yourself at a tender age, or any age, please understand you are not alone.
Help is all around us, in seemingly everyday people who go out of their way to help if we can only pay attention and see that they have our best interest at heart.
A reminder. We have just this one life. One chance to find a way to use our breath, every single second, in a positive way and that is what others strive for as they help us.
We create each day anew. Each day, like a blank paper or canvas space is a new opportunity, a new beginning.
To ignite a fire, a eternal fire from within--we need to keep feeding this. To live our dreams even with all the obstacles before us.
To realize that our goals are attainable. We must adapt and persevere. As humans, we dare to become something more.
We are the ones who know that every created thing is a treasure. We are the blessed ones and we also are supposed to be a blessing to others as we help them and
in being grateful to them for being there for us through what we have been   through- a simple ‘thank you’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Acient Greek Legend on jealoousy

SIT AND TIE THAT SHOE LACE